One of our recent clients is an emerging North American startup conceptualizing new uninterruptable power supply (UPS) enclosures, which are self-contained aluminum cabinets that ensure extended electrical availability in remote areas. They’re specifically targeting the energy storage needs of the underserved India market, both business users and household consumers.
The client sought an India-based partner who’d represent a home-field advantage, offering ample manufacturing resources, specifically printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) with full box-build integration and functional testing development, combined with minimal barriers-to-entry for domestic production and sales within India.
They also required that their partner meet an exacting list of specifications:
- PCBA in accordance with IPC-A-610 Class-2 quality standards, governing build criteria for solder joints, component placement tolerance, and other verifiable aspects of circuit board assembly.
- Full box-build capabilities, to efficiently assemble internal components and external housings into finished units under one roof.
- A localized supply chain which could provide bulk quantities of connection cables, power supplies, batteries, and other materials at shorter lead times and significant overall cost savings over long-distance imports.
- Thorough QA review, with custom-developed system level functional testing.
- Enclosing finished units in the client’s custom-designed packaging, bundled with all external accessories and product documentation.
Our world-class Chennai electronic manufacturing services (EMS) facility, combined with our familiarity with India’s air and land distribution channels, earned their business. Our team quickly ramped-up for production of the customer’s UPS products, coordinating optimal supply of materials with reliable nearby vendors. Once optimal production scaling was established, finished inventory was warehoused by us for direct shipment to resellers and end user purchasers within India. Further plans include establishing depot repair facilities for speedy turnaround of purchased units requiring servicing under warranty.
To learn more about this topic, please contact us.