As the increase of devices falling under the remit of the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to connect us to the objects we interact within our daily lives, the way we entertain ourselves, especially within our homes, is undergoing a major evolution. There’s been a recent explosion in the range of smart home entertainment devices that are now available. From wireless Bluetooth audio systems and smart TVs to voice-activated control systems like the Amazon Echo that respond to your every entertainment-related command and need, home entertainment devices are becoming more intelligent than ever before.
These smart devices offer more than just a simpler user interface and experience, they enhance your viewing and listening experience, whether that’s watching a movie, playing video games, listening to music, or entertaining family and friends. They also bring an increased level of home automation into the mix, with the ability to carry out certain tasks without any input from the user at all, for example using a device to automatically adjust lighting and audio environment at a certain time of the day.
- Smart Entertainment Hubs: You can use a smart device to control multiple home devices using most hubs, including heating, security, lighting, etc. You can also use hubs to play your music via built-in apps or Bluetooth streaming, as well as control other smart devices in your house.
- Smart LED Televisions: Many smart TVs use built-in Wi-Fi to run apps, like Netflix, directly without using a set-top box and to remotely control content. On some smart TVs, you can select from over 2,000 streaming channels without the hassle of using multiple devices.
- Smart Media Projector: There are projectors that can display up to 120 inches and are equipped with a computer that powers most of today’s smartphones. They’re also equipped with robust components that allow it to playback video from laptops, cameras, phones, etc.
- Smart Remote Controls: Some remote controls plug directly into your TV and offer over 2,000 entertainment channels. There’s even one that allows you to directly control your electronic equipment via your phone.
- Smart Wireless Speakers: New speakers use WI-FI connection and built-in amplifiers to become a modular system, allowing you to add a subwoofer. Some wireless speakers are designed with Bluetooth functionality to deliver music and calls from your phone.
New NB-IoT-Enabled Technology
Narrowband Internet of Things (NB-IoT), also known as LTE Cat NB1, is about to connect billions of home entertainment devices in a smarter way, especially in rural environments. NB-IoT is cost-efficient, supports lower-power consumption to use low-cost devices, and provides a wide range of coverage. This low power wide area (LPWA) technology is making economies of scale a valid theory for the IoT industry; it connects virtually anywhere and works with already established mobile networks. These devices can focus on transmission energy without losing performance to a narrower bandwidth, which frees up bandwidth. 
Backed by 40 Years of Expertise
We contribute our 40 years of design and manufacturing expertise spanning multiple diverse markets, and we look forward to discussing how we can deliver world-class products for OEMs across the globe. We understand our home India market, familiar with its vast regulatory and selling environments. We foster growth opportunities within India through our strong technology incubation ecosystem. We also assist global OEMs seeking to enter the India market by leveraging the local supply chain and favorable operating environments for cost reductions.
Our flagship Chennai location opened in 2006 and lies within a Special Economic Zone (SEZ) for electronics manufacturing, offering economic incentives for imports and exports. This primary facility is within 90 minutes of the Chennai seaport and 20 minutes to the international airport, with additional road and rail, connectivity linking to the rest of India and beyond, as well as infrastructure advantages with faster import and export clearances. We also have labor force availability, both technical and manual, to rapidly scale to client demand.
To learn more about this topic, please contact us.